- Check the current status of the Hoan Bridge Construction Project.
Click here for the most up-to-date guide for the I-794 Lake Freeway/Hoan Bridge Project.
- Plan your driving route.
Due to construction, your GPS programs may give you incorrect directions to the Festival grounds. Use these basic guidelines to get there hassle-free. Remember to leave early and be patient. Plan your route ahead of time to avoid distractions.
- From the west, use exit 1H for St. Paul Ave, or take I-43 North to Kilbourn.
- From the north, take I-43 to I-794 East. Exit at Plankinton, or exit early at McKinley or 11th Street and head east.
- From the south, use I-794 (via I-43) to Plankinton, or exit at Lapham/Becher and take Kinnicinnic Avenue north, or take I-43 North to the 10th and Michicagan exit. From the south, you can also take the Hoan Bridge - The Lincoln Memorial Drive/Michigan Street exit is open.
- Find a parking spot.
There are a variety of street parking and parking lot options near the festival grounds. Milwaukee Irish Fest does not maintain any of the parking lots in the area. You may decide where to park based on how much you are willing to pay and how far you are willing to walk.
Included at the bottom of this page is a map of the area. Many streets have parking rules that end at 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and there are no parking limitations on Sundays. If you decide to park in a nearby lot, the prices will be posted at that lot and may vary by location and time.
- Park downtown and take the Festival Shuttle to the grounds.
Shuttles run approximately every 15 minutes, leaving from 6th Street and Wisconsin Avenue. Shuttles take you to the Festival Main Gate.
Round trip: $3 - Adults; $1.50 - Children, Seniors (65+) and Disabled Persons with ID.
Visit RideMCTS.com or download MCTS's Transit Tracker App for more information, or call 414-344-6711 for automated round-the-clock information.
- Take the Freeway Flyer from selected Park-and-Ride locations.
- Freeway Flyers operate every half-hour on the hour and half-hour beginning one half-hour before the Festival opens until one-half hour after close
- $6.50 - Adults, $3 - Children, Seniors (65+) and Disabled Persons with ID; Children under 6 ride free.
- Pick-up and drop-off is at the Festival Main Gate.
- Check the Milwaukee County Transit System website for more information.
- Park at a nearby bar, restaurant or hotel and take a shuttle to the grounds.
Many of the local bars, restaurants and hotels offer free shuttle rides to and from the festival grounds during Milwaukee Irish Fest. Call around or check online for locations that offer shuttle service.
- Ride your bicycle to the grounds.
If you ride your bicycle to the Festival, you may park it at the designated bicycle parking near the North, Main and South Gates.
- Take the train from Chicago, Racine or Kenosha.
Avoid the traffic by using the Amtrak Hiawatha train service between the Chicago area and Milwaukee. Get on the train from Chicago's Union Station, Glenview or Sturtevant and get dropped off at the downtown Milwaukee Intermodal Station. For details, prices and timetables, visit amtrakhiawatha.com.