- Plan your driving route.
Due to construction, your GPS programs may give you incorrect directions to the Festival grounds. Use these basic guidelines to get there hassle-free. Remember to leave early and be patient. Plan your route ahead of time to avoid distractions.
Click here to view a Get Around Guide to the Festival Grounds.
For current up-to-the-minute road closures and traffic conditions please visit www.511wi.gov.
- Find a parking spot.
There are a variety of street parking and parking lot options near the festival grounds. Milwaukee Irish Fest does not maintain any of the parking lots in the area. You may decide where to park based on how much you are willing to pay and how far you are willing to walk.
Included at the bottom of this page is a map of the area. Many streets have parking rules that end at 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and there are no parking limitations on Sundays. If you decide to park in a nearby lot, the prices will be posted at that lot and may vary by location and time.
You can also visit Park Milwaukee, a downtown parking resource, to view all the parking lots and structures in the Milwaukee area.
- Park downtown and take the Festival Shuttle to the grounds.
MCTS Downtown Shuttles provide service roughly every 30 minutes from:
4:30 pm - 10:30 pm - Thursday, August 18
3:30 pm - 12:30 am - Friday, August 19
11:30 am to 12:30 am - Saturday August 20
8:00 - 10:30 pm - Sunday, August 21
*8:00 am early morning Shuttle service for mass will stop at the South Gate.
Buses operate in both directions along Wisconsin Avenue. When traveling to Irish Fest, the Shuttle stops between N. 6th Street and N. Jackson Street, then proceeds directly to the Mid Gate. Stops are made at all bus stops marked with the Summerfest smile logo.
Round trip: $3 - Adults; $1.50 - Children, Seniors (65+) and Disabled Persons with ID.
- Take the Freeway Flyer from selected Park-and-Ride locations.
- Freeway Flyers operate every half-hour on the hour and half-hour beginning one half-hour before the Festival opens until one-half hour after close
- $6.50 - Adults, $3 - Children, Seniors (65+) and Disabled Persons with ID; Children under 6 ride free.
- Pick-up and drop-off is at the Festival Mid Gate.
- Freeway Flyer Park-Ride Lots:
- Brown Deer East: Brown Deer Road, west of I-43
- College: North and South Lots, College Avenue at I-94
- State Fair Park: I-94, S. 76th and W. Kearney
- Check the Milwaukee County Transit System website for more information.
- Park at a nearby bar, restaurant or hotel and take a shuttle to the grounds.
Many of the local bars, restaurants and hotels offer free shuttle rides to and from the festival grounds during Milwaukee Irish Fest. Call around or check online for locations that offer shuttle service.
- Ride your bicycle to the grounds.
If you ride your bicycle to the Festival, you may park it at the designated bicycle parking near the North, Main and South Gates.
If you would like to rent a bike visit the Bublr Bikes Station near Discovery World or check out their website to view stations where you can find a Bublr Bike nearest you.
- Take the train from Chicago, Racine or Kenosha.
Avoid the traffic by using the Amtrak Hiawatha train service between the Chicago area and Milwaukee. Get on the train from Chicago's Union Station, Glenview or Sturtevant and get dropped off at the downtown Milwaukee Intermodal Station. For details, prices and timetables, visit amtrakhiawatha.com.
The Milwaukee Airport Railroad Station serves rail passengers connecting to flights at General Mitchell International Airport (Milwaukee), along with rail-only passengers utilizing Amtrak's Hiawatha Service. For further information on connecting to the airport, click here.