Media Contact: Kristin Paltzer
(414) 316-2100 ext. 126
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Milwaukee’s Iconic Skyline to Light-Up Green for Milwaukee Irish Fest
The World’s Largest Irish Festival Gets Support from Notable Neighbors
MILWAUKEE (August 14, 2017) – Milwaukee Irish Fest kicks off this week and the city is turning green to celebrate! Jumpstarting the festivities, several Milwaukee landmarks will turn their lights green in anticipation of the festival, which runs August 17 – 20.
“Milwaukee Irish Fest couldn’t do it without the support of our community,” said Catherine Ward, interim executive director of CelticMKE, home of Milwaukee Irish Fest. “It has been tremendous to see the Turning Milwaukee Green effort grow, and we’re excited to have five new landmarks turning green for this year’s festival!”
NEW participants include:
- Holey Moley Donuts, 316 N Milwaukee St, Milwaukee
- Lakefront Brewery, 1872 N Commerce St, Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Historical Society, 910 N Old World 3rd St, Milwaukee
- Harley-Davidson Museum, 400 W Canal St, Milwaukee
- The Pfister Hotel, 424 East Wisconsin Ave.
Returning participants include:
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, 1721 W Canal St, Milwaukee
- The Mitchell Park Domes, 524 South Layton Boulevard
- U.S. Bank Center, 777 East Wisconsin Avenue
- CelticMKE Center, 1532 North Wauwatosa Avenue
- Wisconsin Center, 400 West Wisconsin Avenue
- Catholic Financial Life, 1100 West Wells Street
- Ward’s House of Prime, 540 East Mason Street
- Mitchell International Airport, 5300 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee
- Marquette Interchange, Milwaukee
Fans of the festival are encouraged to participate in Turning Milwaukee Green via social media by posting their own photos using the hashtag #TURNMKEGREEN. Find and tag Milwaukee Irish Fest on Facebook at facebook.com/mkeirishfest and on Twitter and Instagram at @MKEIrishFest.
About Milwaukee Irish Fest
Milwaukee Irish Fest is the world’s largest celebration of Celtic music and culture. The four-day festival showcases more than 100 entertainment acts on 17 stages at Henry W. Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The annual festival occurs every third weekend in August. The 37th annual Milwaukee Irish Fest takes place August 17 to 20, 2017.
Milwaukee Irish Fest is proudly presented by CelticMKE, a non-profit organization dedicated to igniting a love of Celtic culture in all people. With the help of more than 4,000 volunteers, CelticMKE and Milwaukee Irish Fest promote Celtic music, dance, drama, sports, culture, children’s activities and genealogy through the annual festival, as well as year-round programming. For more information, visit www.CelticMKE.com.