Join the Irish Fest Volunteer Team!
The success of Milwaukee Irish Fest depends on more than 4,000 dedicated volunteers. We always welcome new volunteers who are hard-working, flexible and know how to have fun! All Milwaukee Irish Fest volunteers will receive tickets to the Thursday night festival preview, an entrance pass, a discounted parking pass, food coupons and the chance to enter our volunteer raffle.
If you are 18 or older and interested in volunteering at this year’s festival, fill out the volunteer sign-up application and be sure to indicate which areas you are most interested in working. This form is for first-timers or seasoned veterans looking to change volunteer areas only! Questions? Send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
We especially need volunteers willing to work Friday and Saturday evenings from 8pm to midnight. Most shifts are four hours at a time and some may require standing for long periods, but all are an integral part of making Milwaukee Irish Fest such a great experience.
- Set Up takes place the week before Milwaukee Irish Fest begins. We need able-bodied volunteers who are willing to help set up during week day hours.
- Take Down happens all in one day, the Monday following Milwaukee Irish Fest. A large group of volunteers are needed from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sell beer and wine tickets in one of the several ticket booths on the festival grounds.
- Sell CDs from our entertainment acts in one of the several Music Marts on the festival grounds.
- Sell Milwaukee Irish Fest merchandise in the Irish Fest booth located within the festival grounds marketplace.
Tipperary Tea Room and Paddy's Cafe
Prepare and serve desserts, Irish Coffee, coffee and tea, clean tables or cashier at one of these festival favorites.
If you are a knowledgeable lover of Irish culture, you may be able to volunteer in our Cultural Village area.
Children's Activity Area
Supervise children and help with fun crafts and games that expose wee ones to Irish culture, storytelling, music and more. Background checks are required for all volunteers in this area.
Beer, Wine and Soda Servers
Serve beer, wine or soda to thirsty fest-goers. Our most popular position, volunteers who sign up to serve beer may end up on a waitlist. We often need volunteers willing to serve drinks during the late night shifts from 8 p.m. to midnight. Of course, this position is only available to those 21 and older.
Volunteer Check In
Meet, greet and check volunteers in to their assigned areas.
Gate Ticket Takers
- Able-bodied, assertive volunteers are needed to work the festival entrance gates. Another popular position, volunteers are mostly needed for late night shifts.
- Sign up to work Sunday morning before Mass, 7:30-11 a.m. and your duties will be done by the time the gates open for the festival that day. If you are interested in taking tickets before Mass, please indicate this within the comments section of your application.
Paddy and Molly McFest
Volunteers ages 13 and up are needed during the festival and throughout the year to wear the Paddy and Molly costumes. Some height restrictions do apply.