Where is the festival located?
Henry Maier Festival Park
200 N. Harbor Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53202
What are the 2023 festival hours?
Thursday is a Preview Night - only partial grounds open
5 PM to 10 PM
4 PM to 12 AM
12 PM to 12 AM
11 AM to 9 PM
Hours may be subject to change.
Are there ATMs on the grounds?
Yes, there are ATMs on the grounds.
Are wheelchairs, ECVs, and strollers allowed?
Do you offer wheelchairs and stroller rentals?
The entire grounds are accessible from your wheelchair and ECV. Wheelchairs are available for rent, for patrons over the age of 18, near the Main Gate and South Gate on a first-come, first-served basis. There is a rental fee of $10 to rent a wheelchair for the day and a valid driver's license will be held until the wheelchair is returned. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own wheelchairs as we have a limited number of wheelchairs available. We do not offer motorized wheelchairs to rent.
May I bring my camera?
Cameras with a detachable lens or lens that extends further than 3 inches, or video equipment, will NOT be allowed.
Can I bring my service animal?
Irish Fest gladly welcomes service animals and service animals-in-training. If you are a service animal trainer, the animal must wear a harness or leash and special cape denoting that the animal is in training and not merely a pet. If you require the use of the animal, we strongly encourage the use of an identifying vest, harness, cape, or leash, so other Irish Fest patrons do not attempt to pet or play with your service animal. Upon arrival, Irish Fest staff or security may ask you if the animal is a service animal required because of a disability or if the animal is being trained to be a service animal. If the animal is a service animal-in-training, please be prepared to produce certification or other credentials from a school for training animals that the animal is in training currently. Irish Fest will NEVER ask for certification or other credentials of a disability. Please note that Irish Fest reserves the right to remove both animal and patron if the animal jeopardizes the safety of other patrons or staff. Irish Fest will never separate or attempt to separate you from your service animal or service animal-in-training.
Are pets allowed?
Pets are NOT allowed. Only service animals and the Celtic Canine dogs in the Celtic Canine area are allowed on the Festival grounds.
Can I bring my own food and drinks?
Food and drinks are NOT allowed to be brought into the Festival grounds. We have over 35 food vendors available.
Due to warm weather, 32 oz. or less plastic/disposable and either EMPTY or FACTORY SEALED (Ice Mountain, AquaFina, FUJI, Dasani...etc...) water bottles will be allowed in.
The metal-type bottles will NOT be allowed per our current policy as identified in "What's NOT allowed on the grounds".
What kind of bags are allowed?
- All bags are subject to inspection prior to entering the Summerfest grounds. No backpacks at all or bags larger than 9x10x12 will be allowed on the grounds. All bags larger than 9X10X12 will need to be returned to a vehicle or home before entering the Park.
- Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle or at home to expedite your entry into the park. Items NOT ALLOWED CANNOT be checked in (see list below).
- Any prohibited items will be confiscated by security and will not be returned.
- Milwaukee World Festival, INC (MWF) is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
If you need to bring medication, medical equipment, diapers, or other personal care items to Summerfest, how should you pack those items?
- If you have privacy concerns, put those items in a smaller bag that you cannot see through and then place that bag in a clear bag.
- Please note, the small cosmetic or privacy bag is still subject to inspection.
- Nursing mothers may bring in needed items in a similar manner or separate bag.
Is there a place to check and store items such as umbrellas, shopping purchases, etc.?
Yes, items may be taken to the UPS Truck Package check for a minimal fee. The UPS truck is located near the Aer Lingus-stage area.
What is NOT allowed inside the grounds?
The following items are NOT ALLOWED:
- Backpacks (special consideration will be given to parents with infants and those with medical needs)
- Large Bags over 9X10X12 inches
- Camelback-style hydration packs
- Picnic Baskets
- Outside food and beverages (unless needed for infants, medical or dietary needs)
- Glass or Metal Containers, Water Bottles or Cans(including Yeti-type bottles, tumblers, thermos). Due to warm temperatures, 32 oz. or less plastic/disposable and either EMPTY or FACTORY SEALED (Ice Mountain, AquaFina, FUJI, Dasani...etc...) water bottles will be allowed in.
- Coolers or other hard-side containers
- Stainless steel reusable drinking straws
- Self-defense sprays (such as OC, pepper spray, or mace)
- Aerosol cans (except for spray sunscreens 6oz or less, 1 per patron)
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Firearms (no open or concealed weapons/firearms)
- Weapons or objects that could be used as weapons
- Fireworks, sparklers, or explosives
- Professional cameras (cameras with a detachable lens or lens that extends further than 3 inches) or video equipment
- Recording devices
- Brooms/broomsticks, selfie sticks, poles, trekking sticks, and tripods
- Pets (except service animals, or during special events or promotions)
- Banners or flags on poles
- Laser pointers
- Skateboards, roller skates, inline skates, or hoverboards
- Foot-powered or electric scooters
- Bicycles, tricycles, or unicycles
- Hula-hoops, Frisbees, and beach balls
- Stadium seats, Sit-Upon, seat cushions, and lawn chairs
*This list is not exhaustive. Items not appearing on the list may still be prohibited at the discretion of MWF Security if the items pose a potential threat to the safety of our guests or due to event restrictions
What can I carry in?
The following items are ALLOWED:
- Umbrellas (Note: Umbrellas are not allowed inside the American Family Insurance Amphitheater or at the BMO Pavilion during stand-alone events/concerts)
- Strollers (Note: Strollers are not allowed inside the American Family Insurance Amphitheater)
- Disposable Camera
- Small Camera (No Professional Grade Cameras and Video Equipment)
- Small Bag, Cinch bag, or Purse
Are there private party rentals available?
Please reach out to us at email@example.com to check 2022 availability.
I lost something at Irish Fest! Is there a place for Lost and Found items?
Yes, items can be taken to or found at the Milwaukee Irish Fest grounds office located just south of the Aer Lingus stage during the festival. After the festival, all remaining items are brought to the CelticMKE Center in Wauwatosa. 1532 N. Wauwatosa Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213. Please fill out this form to report a lost item. Lost items will be held for 30 days and then donated to a local charity. CelticMKE (Irish Festivals, Inc.) will not be held liable for any unclaimed items. If we locate your item, Milwaukee Irish Fest will reach out to you as soon as possible. All patrons will be required to fill out an additional sign and release form upon retrieval of lost item.
You can also give us a call at 414-476-3378 during regular business hours to see if your lost item was turned in.
Report Lost Items
What happens if there's severe weather, like thunderstorms?
In the case of severe weather, the signage on the grounds and the grounds’ announcement system will promptly notify guests. Some activities may be temporarily postponed or canceled until the weather clears up. Please keep an eye on social media, the website, and the Irish Fest app for updates as they come out. Keep in mind, however, that this is an outdoor music festival, and we operate rain or shine.
What are the Festival dates beyond 2023?
August 15 - 18, 2024
August 14 - 17, 2025
Do you accept Cash and Debit/Credit Cards?
Yes! All admission gates, food, drinks, and shopping vendors accept both cash and debit/credit cards.