2021 Milwaukee Irish Fest Raffle Prizes
Join the fun in Irish Fest's annual raffle and you could win some fantastic prizes! The raffle is located at the Raffle and Information booth.
- Round trip transportation for two to Ireland (courtesy of Aer Lingus)
- Land Package courtesy of Celtic Tours/Hertz for 6 nights, 7 days to Ireland - including car rental
- Galway Hotel in Galway for 2 nights (restrictions apply)
- Killarney Hotel for 2 nights
- B&B Ireland for 2 nights
- October 2021 Tour for 7 nights at Old Ground Hotel, Ennis, County Clare; includes daily breakfast and airfare for one (courtesy of Harp & Eagle Tours and Old Ground Hotel)
Raffle tickets can be purchased on the grounds for $3 for one ticket, $10 for five tickets, and $20 for twelve tickets
"My husband and I would like to thank Milwaukee Irish Fest and all the very kind and helpful people at Celtic Tours who made our trip to Ireland such a great experience! The trip worked out better than I had ever imagined. Celtic Tours was very easy to work with and once we were on our way, things could not have gone more smoothly! We enjoyed every minute of our trip, particularly once my husband got used to driving on the 'other' side of the road! Truly, everything was amazing and there were absolutely no problems! We enjoyed the natural beauty of Ireland, learnin about its history, and met some very nice people. My husband was even able to 'hook up' with a fishing guide once we were in Killarney and spent a long morning fishing, while I did some shopping and watched the Royal Wedding! The accommodations were all lovely, particularly the night at Ballyseede Castle, which was an unexpected treat! Thank you again Milwaukee Irish Fest!" ~ Bruce and Julia R.
View Past Winners
2022 Poetry Contest - Opens June 1, 2022
The Milwaukee Irish Fest poetry award for the Donn Goodwin Prize will be given to the entry that best reflects Irish or Irish-American poetry traditions. Although the poems do not necessarily need to have direct Irish or Irish-American themes, the winning entry should have a cultural or literary relation to either Ireland, Irish-America, or to Irish poetry.
- The Donn Goodwin Prize is named after a Wisconsin poet, linguist, and educator who was active in supporting poetry events at Irish Fest. This contest is open to all.
2021 Poetry Contest Winner - Phoebe Mitchem
Click here to read the winning poem, "Barely Irish."
Rules for Submitting Entries
Please read all instructions before submitting your form. Submissions Deadline has passed.
- Each contestant may submit no more than one poem.
- Each entry should be the poet's original work and should not have appeared previously in publication.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:50 pm (CT) on July 17, 2021. They must be received by July 17 to be considered.
- All entries must be emailed or snail mailed.
Email your entry to: email@example.com
Or mail your entry to:
Milwaukee Irish Fest
1532 Wauwatosa Ave
Wauwatosa, WI 53213
- Each entry should have a cover document that contains
- The poet's name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- The poem's title
- The poet's name or other identifying information should appear only on the cover sheet..
2021 First Place Winner: Dan Talsky
2021 Second Place Winner: Karla Cruz
Winning Poster Design
It is with our great pleasure to announce that CelticMKE is again launching the annual Milwaukee Irish Fest poster contest, which is open to the public. Milwaukee Irish Fest is the world’s largest celebration of Celtic music and culture, and is held every third weekend in August, along the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. We've had an official poster for the festival since the beginning, 1981, and look forward to seeing what designs come in to help us commemorate our official 40th anniversary as an Irish organization!
There will be two cash prizes for this competition. First place will be awarded $1,500 and second place $500. Milwaukee Irish Fest will own the rights of the two winners’ artwork. With an opportunity to learn as well as grow your portfolio, this contest will also give your design exposure, through the hundreds of thousands of patrons that attend the festival.
Anyone can enter; you do not need to be an art student. Any and all artists are encouraged to submit their design, and all will be reviewed. It is strongly recommended that the artwork be put into a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator, so that revisions, if needed, can be made if the design makes it to the finalist round. Please refer to the PDF document below for the criteria regarding design specs and for aid in your Celtic and Irish cultural research.
The deadline for entries was May 1, 2021.
These posters are collected by festival-goers from around the world, and are also used to publicize the event. Copies are distributed in the U.S. and are also sent abroad. They hang in homes, offices and Irish pubs, among many other places. It is a noteworthy opportunity as the winner’s design will be a part of our festival’s history! There are two locations on the festival grounds where the official posters are sold. The first place winner was invited to attend the festival on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon as a guest of the festival and for an autograph signing.
View Past Winners